XML - Practical uses?

David A. Sinck plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 21 Jun 2001 13:43:13 -0700

\_ SMTP quoth Kurt Granroth on 6/21/2001 12:48 as having spake thusly:
\_
\_ Does that make sense?  XML is a standardized way for programs to
\_ figure out just what the data it's seeing really is.

And based on my perl experience with XML, the biggest problem with XML
data streams isn't encoding, nor even decoding, but rather "OH Crap!
I have all the data and I haven't thought about where to put it yet."

But that could have just been me figuring that XML would be harder to
crack and not yet worried about the 'database conversion' that had to
go on between the XML file and Oracle.

XML very tasty.

David