Qwest DSL to Cox@Home

David Mandala plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 15:44:34 -0700

I use COX and I purchased a modem at Fries. They are stupid devices, so then
I hooked my firewall (Linux boxed) to it and all was well. I do ipmasq and a
good set of firewall rules and off to the races.

Why would you want to use a router to do ipmasq, and a different box
providing the firewall? Having ipmasq and firewall on different boxes is
really a headache.

Davidm