mounting a directory

Rick Rosinski plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 5 Jun 2001 20:40:45 -0700

Add this line to your /etc/fstab file:

/dev/hda1     /mnt/windows      vfat     defaults   1   1

all on one line.
The next time you boot, it will be automatically mounted.
Run the command:  man fstab
for more information on the fstab file.

Also, look into kde 2.1.1.  Konqueror is the best browser that I have used
for Linux, besides Netscape 4.7.  Some say that mozilla is good, but I
haven't tried it.

Good luck!

On Tuesday 05 June 2001 17:23, you wrote:
> Hi, I am in the last stages of going windows free, although in order to do
> it I am going to have to use wine. Here is my problem, I need to mount a
> windows directory with the following command mount /dev/hda1 /mnt/windows .
> THis works fine, but when I reboot, the directory is no longer mounted. Is
> there some way to mount the windows directory in such a way that is becomes
> permenent, so that each time I reboot it is still there. I'm using redhat
> 7.0
>
> By the way, I've just started using the Opera browser which is the first
> browser that I've used under linux that works with some webpages that I use
> for work that use a lot of javascripts. That has really helped in my
> journey away from windows.
>
> Regards,
>

> Charlie

Rick Rosinski