Linux Print Server

Orndorff, Mitch plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 09:36:01 -0700

Okay,

Newbie here so I need a lot of help on this one.  I wish to set up a Linux
print server that will connect to HP Jet directs, some lpr printer ports and
some Intel print server boxes as well.  I have to be able to access these
devices located in remote locations.  The Print Server will sit in the main
location and my users will be sending their print jobs through the network.
They access the network via Citrix on Microsoft Terminal Server 4.0.  I have
to set up the servers so that the users can print from these TS machines to
the print server which in turns sends the print job to the printer located
at the location.

What do I need to do in order to make this work.  And to answer some
people's questions: No, I cannot drop the Microsoft software.

Thanks,

Mitch Orndorff