August PLUG topic: Kylix

Richard Ibbotson plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 10:15:34 +0100

Dear All

> I sent an email to Borland, the likelihood is still in 'Fat Chance'
> territory...

I wouldn't be too keen to go for it if I were you.  There's a lot of
critics of Kylix.  With tools like Anjunta, Glade and Kdevelop around
that are free then it's likely that a lot of people have a right to
their opinions.

I've got both versions of Kylix.  Desktop and server versions.  Both
of them crash a lot.  It's a design fault.  Compare this with the
others and X-emacs and you begin to wonder.

I was going to write a review for a magazine but didn't on the
strength of what I'm looking at.

Thanks

--
Richard