Wordperfect Office 2000

Kevin Brown plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 13 Jul 2001 00:15:41 -0700

Have you tried Applixware?  I'm debating on if I want to upgrade to 5.0, but so
far I've been happy with the versions that I do have.  It works in windows and
*nix without things like wine (they have versions for both types of OS).

OK, well they did for 4.41, but it looks like they stopped developing for the
windows platform, but with programs like Exceed you can run Applixware remotely
on a windows machine so you would have the same office suite as on linux.

One of the things I liked about it was a quote from the applixware mailing
list.  A guy was running it on a P200 with (I think) 64MB RAM running linux and
was serving the office suite to more than a dozen systems concurrently and the
system was only using about 20 - 30% of the CPU.  Try doing that with M$ Office.

Only $39.99 for it at tiger direct.  Beats the $150 you paid for Corel.