Speeding up X

Brian Cluff plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 12 Jul 2001 17:25:13 -0700

Hmmm, I have a similar setup, but with a much slower processer (333) and 3D
stuff in general just flies with no lags at all.

My guess would be that you dont actually have the 3d acceleration running
right,  although I don't think SOF will run at all without it.
So my next guess would be that either your CDROM or hard drive isn't getting
the information fast enough.  With SOF, the only lag that I saw was durring
the intro, but that was on an even slower machine that I have at work, and I
think it was due to the size of the video ram not being big enough.... do
you by chance have yours set fairly low in the XF86Config?

Brian Cluff