In desperate need of inexpensive working Network card!

der.hans plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 3 Jul 2001 00:07:05 -0700 (MST)

Am 02. Jul, 2001 schwäzte foodog so:

> James, I'd suggest getting a copy of 3C5X9CFG.EXE and a DOS boot disk to
> get your nics configured.  Should be able to D/L it from 3com.com.
> It'll also run diagnostics for you.  Good luck

A clone has been available for Linux for years. I was using Slackware last
time I used it...

Here's info for debian. Other distros might be different :).

3c5x9utils - Configuration and diagnostic utils for 3Com 5x9 cards.

It didn't have the little menu thingy, but it was functional.

Also look at the mii packages.

mii-diag - A little tool to manipulate network cards
net-tools - The NET-3 networking toolkit

The latter has mii-tool.

I also notice something else in debian.

nictools-nopci - Diagnostic tools for many non-PCI ethernet cards

ciao,

der.hans
--
# der.hans@LuftHans.com home.pages.de/~lufthans/ www.DevelopOnline.com
#  A Polish friend of mine got an offer for a free account from AOL. The