Qmail or Sendmail?

Steven M. Klass sklass@andigilog.com
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 08:24:27 -0700

ditto.  I've done several qmail installs and they all seem to
work.  Checkout http://www.inter7.com/vpopmail/ for vitual hosting
info.  This was incredibly easy to set-up and the qmail news group is
searchable, and google is definitely your best friend.  If you have your
own domain, and dedicated IP (i.e.DNS works for your IP) this is a
breeze.  When you want to fudge DNS and then it becomes a little more
grey.  Anyway with all of the HOW-TO's at qmail.org  you can't go wrong..

At 07:02 AM 1/22/01 -0800, Eric Barendt wrote:
>Qmail, definately.. I've never set up Sendmail, so I can't compare
>simplicity of setup... but Qmail is much more secure than Sendmail as far
>as exploits and relaying issues.  Check out the book "Running Qmail"
>published by Sams.. it walks you through step by step setting it up ..
>including virtual hosting.
>
>Hope this helps...
>Eric
>
>On Wed, Jan 20, 1971 at 04:45:52PM -0700, John Albee wrote:

Steven M. Klass
Physical Design Engineering Manager

Andigilog Inc.
7404 W. Detroit Street, Suite 100