dhcpcd help

Carl Parrish carl@carlparrish.com
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 23:11:38 -0700 (MST)

Okay I just switched to dhcpcd on my lap top. At work this works perfectly
but when I bring it home and try to plug it into my Cox network it doesn't
work. dhcpcd fails on startup and if I try to start it from the command
line it just hangs. when I type ifconfig eth0 doesn't even show up. I have
no idea what the problem is but I need to be able to get to the network
asap. Note my nic card has a green light and if I type network restart it
seems to go though fine. but dhcpcd can not start. And that's about all
the network tricks I know. So if anyone can help, please do.

Thanks,

Carl Parrish
webmaster
www.carlparrish.com