Plug Meetings - Suggestion

der.hans PLUGd@LuftHans.com
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 22:21:55 -0700 (MST)

Am 19. Feb, 2001 schwäzte Michael Dearman so:

> If there is another room available at the meetings, what about
> having installs and maybe even seperate discussion groups happening
> in a room seperate from the presentation. Might be a better use
> of the facilities and make it easier for ppl to participate in
> an area of specific interest and get more out of the meetings.

Remember the Linux Stammtisch. Discussion groups was the main reason I
started that. By the time we finish the presentation at the PLUG meetings,
there's not that much evening left for people to talk and learn from one
another. Bandersnatch is a comfy bar and has DSL, so I figured that'd
make a nice place for discussions. We have the whole evening. If you want
a SIG of some sort that doesn't have presentations, it could organize at
the Linux Stammtisch.

One of the things that just happened was installfest activities. People
bring in boxen and we help them get setup. I also usually bring in a
couple of old boxen for people to play with.

Other than time conflicts with a couple of annual events, for instance in
2009 we'll have a conflict with St. Patrick's Day :), we have as much run
of the bar as we want.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  der.hans@LuftHans.com   home.pages.de/~lufthans/   www.YourCompanyHere.net ;-)
#  Keine Ahnung, was ich dir sagen soll,