[OT] -- Fry's and other retailers

Brian Cluff brian@snaptek.com
Sun, 11 Feb 2001 00:01:07 -0700

I've noticed that the mesa compUSA has not had a security dude at the front
door the lest few times that I have been in there.
It's probably just as well, they were paying someone a lot of money to put a
pen mark on your reciept, but they were always either too old, too fat or
both to chase after someone if they were to walk by obviously stealing
something.
I've heard rhumors that people have done just that, counting on the fact
that they could easly outrun the security guard.
 Of course with CompUSA, Fry's and Tower Records (all places that I have
either worked or known people that work there).  It's not the slow guys at
the exit that you have have worry about, its the plin clothest guys that are
following you around, watching your every move, because you might look like
your the type to walk out with something.  I know the guys at tower records
actually made a profit in their security department from the fines they got
layed on the guys they caught.
    Anyway, I tend to feel more uncomfortable with people looking around
corners and over the tops of magazines at me than I do quickly showing
someone my reciept on the way out.  I know at least at Costco they they
don't actually look at what you have and check everything.  They scan the
recipts for items over a sertain amount of money and they check to see that
you have or don't have them.

Brian Cluff

...Yeah, I used to be one of those long haired freaks that works at tower
records.... but that was a long time ago :)