WARNING about RPM4

sinck@ugive.com sinck@ugive.com
Fri, 9 Feb 2001 17:07:53 -0700

\_
\_ Do not install RPM4 without first converting your RPM DB.  I did so
\_ and now rpm -q -a only shows things installed after rpm4 was installed.
\_ My system is hosed. :(

Sorry, this got lost in a panicing server daemon that flooded my email
box.  SEP'd that and now...

You can manage to recover from this by downgrading your RPM back to
the old disti.  You may need to 'install' it forcefully a few times,
based on my experience:

once to lart the rpm4 setup
and once to lart the rpm3 setup

I've managed to do this succesfully backmigrating to
rpm-3.0.5-9.6x-i386.

David

Three Larts for the PFYs under the sky,
   Seven for the Call Centers in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
   One for the BOFH on his dark throne
In the land of IT where the Admins lie.
   One Lart to rule them all, one Lart to find them,
   One Lart to bring them all and in darkness bind them,
In the land of IT where the Admins lie.

apologies to JRRT