WiredGlobal is no more!!

plug@arcticmail.com plug@arcticmail.com
Sun, 4 Feb 2001 14:54:58 -0700

* On Sun, Feb 04, 2001 at 12:19:16PM -0700, der.hans wrote:
> Am 04. Feb, 2001 schwäzte Bill Lindley so:
>
> > PSN -- Planet Systems Network -- vanished from the face of the Earth
> > suddenly and without any warning to its customers on 1 January 2001,
> > leaving many scrambling to find one of the precious few dial-up ISP's left
> > in the Phoenix area.  My parents had just paid for 6 months' service and
> > all that went straight down the rat-hole.
>
> If I remember correctly, however, there was news on their front page that
> you could get to. It wasn't good or necessarily helpful, but at least you
> coult get to it and it told you you were SOL.
>
> Neither www.WiredGlobal.com nor www.WiredGlobal.net have anything about
> service problems. Both have stuff about the services Wired Global offers.
>
> "Wired Global Communications, Inc. is the premier source of Internet
> Engineering and Network Infrastructure solutions to Internet Service and Internet
> Presence Providers (ISPs and IPPs)."
>
> Maybe they're just going with the trend and showing ISPs how to mistreat
> customers ;-).
>
> I remember you saying that PSN didn't take down their 'buy from us now'
> button even after announcing that they were already belly up.
>
> Oh wait, just read the second half of that paragraph:
>
> "This is accomplished with 99.999% network reliability, proactive
> dedicated service, blazing performance, and competitive pricing structures
> to integrate with the ISP and IPP business model."
>
> I wonder if Jean agrees with that statement ;-).

Although I would understand if Jean misunderstood this, what
Jean HAS to understand is that he's simply experiencing the
0.001% network UNreliability at this moment.  Jean also needs
to understand that he simply needs to give them a sufficient
quantity of time, say, 65,536 years, to permit the statistics
to do their job.  HOWEVER, if Jean's DSL connection is down
for more than 239.38 days, THEN I would say that they're not
meeting their 99.999% network reliability statement, and only
then would Jean have a legitimate complaint.  But they still
have the "proactive dedicated service" going for them...

JLF -- No good deed goes unpunished.