Can't mount drives after installing kernel 2.4.1

Julian M Catchen julian@catchen.org
Fri, 2 Feb 2001 18:11:24 -0700

Hello,

Last night I comiled and installed the new kernel, 2.4.1.  Everything works
great except...I can no longer mount my zip drive or my CD-RW.   I get this
message:

>mount /dev/sda4 /zip
mount; /dev/sda4 has wrong major or minor number

I am using SCSI emulation in order to get my burner to work properly. I
have not enabled IDE CDRom support.  I have enabled scsi emulation as well
as scsi generic support in the kernel.   Usually, I can mount my burner
under /dev/sr0 and my zip under /dev/sda4.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,

julian