Sklyarov article

Nathan England plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
31 Aug 2001 08:58:20 -0700

Living in America every employee knows, if you do something illegal for
your company, and get caught, the government will drag you kicking and
screaming.  And while your employer *might* post your bail so you can
see your family one last time, they would *NEVER* do anything that might
point the blame at themselves..  This is the american way.

I read this article on the reg and was speachless..  There is just
something wrong with this country. Where is the US headed?

if you want the whole article, but for those who are lazy like myself
and don't want to click the link, just want to know what I'm talking
about... here goes.

-------------- cut from the reg
ElcomSoft President Alexander Katalov -- voluntarily, proudly, manfully
-- stood beside Sklyarov in the dock (so to speak) and answered charges
on behalf of his company.

The symbolism was rare and delightful. Sklyarov is not going to face
prosecution by an alien state, for performing a perfectly legal service
in his home country, alone and unaided. We'd like to see an American or
European corporate president exhibit a fraction of Katalov's cojones in
the face of whingeing shareholders and scolding underwriters.

Absolutely awesome.
It's hard to get my boss to give me permission to get a cup of water.
Imagine this.

--
 "Ah, lives there a man with soul so dead, who never to himself hath
said,