ARTICLE: Every AZ student to get Microsoft Office

John Albee plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 29 Aug 2001 23:02:38 -0700

And if you want to throw them a curve-ball, throw in the Ximian desktop(
Stable enough for use yet? ).  That way you have ease of use, price, and
stability...  Besides, if Linux is good enough for the NASTAQ...  Just my
wandering thoughts.  Only need a few APPs are required for K-12 students
(browser, StarOffice, etc).  More APPs would be required for college but I
have yet to run across an arguement that would cement a K-12 school in
windows(well, majority windows).  A linux system would be easier to
manage, cheaper to maintain, and more secure.

On other thing that just popped up in my mind...  The $172 Million dollar
price tag just about equals one whole alt-fuels fiasco every 3 years.

If I have just thrown out some flamebait, I'm sorry.

--
John Albee
Active Computing