[OT] Re: Tivo - The spiffy Linux Box

Brian Cluff plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 24 Aug 2001 09:13:57 -0700 (MST)

> Does anyone have a Tivo and Qwest's Digital Gateway Service?  It
> seems to me that Tivo cannot tune the Gateway Box, so it will be
> just a VCR to us.

The tivo has 3 ways to tune in or control things.  It can recieve cable
directy where it does the tuning, or it was control a satelite box directy
though its serial port, or it has a IR port where you stick a little IR
sender on top of your box and it will control it by sending the remote
signals itself.
	My guess it that controling it probably won't be a problem, the
only thing that you would really need to worry about is if the guide
service is available for that particular service.

Brian Cluff