on the move

Craig White plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 22 Aug 2001 22:15:41 -0700

Typical RH update leaves my partitions a bit heavy in one partition and
light in another.

I would like to change /dev/hda5 from /home to /var and move /var from /
and move /home to /

I copied /home to / with a new name and obviously can move it to /home
when I fix fstab but how can I get /var from /dev/hda1 to be /dev/hda5?

I suppose that I wouldn't mind formatting the /dev/hda5 if that is what
I need to do but obviously, even in run level 1, I'm not sure that /var
in /dev/hda1 would appreciate being  - mv /var /var-old

It's hot, I'm tired and the inspiration isn't coming forth.

Craig