(GNU/)Linux [Re: Dutch to sue Micro$oft...]

John (EBo) David plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 18:34:28 -0700

Digital Wokan wrote:

> Someone made a reply that looked like an English teacher correcting
> grammer.  This hasn't really been a flame war though.  More like an
> examination of the evolution of [GNU] Linux and a rehash of the
> arguments why people do / do not use the GNU prefix.  (Though I may have
> put my tongue too far into my cheek with the GNU/BSD/Artistic/... Linux
> message.)  A flame war usually devolves into people calling each other
> names.  What we've had here is a refreshingly civil discussion of the
> topic.

quite right!  No, this discussion never resulted in any name calling
(the voice off stage shouting something about hamsters and elderberries
not withstanding ;-)

Actually the discussion was quite civil.  I was however hoping to get
more comments on national governments sueing M$ though...

  EBo --