Linux Birthday

Thomas Mondoshawan Tate plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 15 Aug 2001 16:46:31 -0700

--pWyiEgJYm5f9v55/

Okay, I'm back from the Encanto park trip. Here's the deal:
	- Enchanted Island is open from 5pm - 10pm, so we'll probably have
parking space available in their small parking lot.
	- Enchanted Island has a number of gazebos(sp?) that we can rent --
still no knowledge on how much, though. I am still unable to get a hold of
one of the reps there.
       	- I'm shooting for reservations for one of the gazebos on the 15th =
of
September.
	- The Enchanted Island attractions costs are based by the number of
tickets you buy. One ticket costs $0.75. See the Enchanted Island homepage
for more information on this.

Unfortunately, Rick (the park manager) was nowhere to be found when I
arrived, so there's no new info on that front.

Encanto park is large enough that I don't think we'll have a problem finding
somewhere to sit down and picnic if reservations of one of the gazebos
falls through -- worst case is we sit down on the ground, right? At this
time, they have a bunch of "temporary fences" (no lie -- little fencepoles
with chickenwire strung between them and a sign that reads "teamporary
fence" =3Dop) up to keep people off of the weed control areas, so fishing is
not allowed. We should, however, be able to fish by the 15th.

=2E..stay tuned for more updates -- same penguin-time, same penguin-channel=

--=20
Thomas "Mondoshawan" Tate
phoenix@psy.ed.asu.edu
http://tank.dyndns.org/presence