code red and MS's liability...

George Toft plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 11 Aug 2001 13:43:43 -0700

The problem with waiting 3.5-7.5 years is that if a wrong goes
unchallenged for a reasonable period of time (usually 2 years),
it is assumed that all parties are OK with the wrong, and the wrong
may continue.  Textbook example is someone who uses another person's
driveway for years to get to their own property will prevail in court
should the second person erect a fence to block the first person's
access to their property.  A case that strikes home is when Xerox
sued Apple for stealing the "Intuitive Interface" - even though Xerox
could prove the crime happened, they took so long to sue (over 10
years) that it was thrown out.

George