Firewalls

Craig White plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 06 Aug 2001 20:00:56 -0700

Tom Achtenberg wrote:

> This may have recently been discussed, but I need to know now.  What is a good firewall to use on a RH7.0 workstation that has an always on internet connection?  Does RH have one that is part of the install?  At this point the only thing between the internet and my workstation is a simple hub.

----
David Ranch Trinity OS

Totally comprehensive
<http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~dranch/LINUX/index-linux.html>

or specifically, ipchains - strong rulesets
<http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~dranch/LINUX/TrinityOS/cHTML/TrinityOS-c-10.html#ss10.7>

The best ipchains set of rules that I have ever seen.

Hans suggests upgrade to RH7.1 - while I would agree that 7.1 is better,
I wouldn't upgrade just for the basic/medium/paranoid firewall setups
but if you were planning on it for other reasons, it is another reason.

Craig