web editors

der.hans plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 27 Apr 2001 14:43:31 -0700 (MST)

Am 27. Apr, 2001 schwäzte Derek Neighbors so:

> > I use pine to read email, so in that case the text wrapping this is a boon
> > rather than a pain, as the output has to be read by humans.

BTW, anyone know how to get vi to do this such that it stays in place in
outgoing mail? I could then replace pico with vi. Some mail readers just
don't function well without a line break in there :(.

> Once again you should use mutt the free replacement to pine. ;)

No it's not. It's a replacement for elm. pine is also a replacement for
elm. That doesn't make one or the other a replacement for the other.

mutt, most unfortunately, pretty well maintained the same UI as elm. There
are some things that are nice, but for the most part it really, really
sucks. Why would anyone want the default for saving messages to be their
home dir when they have a mail dir?

I have tried several times to use mutt. I've tried it with its interface
and I've tried it with key-mappings that get it to behave decently and I
have found it to not be worth the effort.

That sucks because the engine on the back end looks really awesome. Quite
a few features I wish pine had and now that imap is working properly it
could be usable.

Guess I'm stuck with pine until I get the time and capability to fix one
or the other...

ciao,

der.hans
--
# der.hans@LuftHans.com home.pages.de/~lufthans/ www.YourCompanyHere.net ;-)
#  Help Jerry Lewis stamp out M$...oops that's MDA - der.hans