fun w/ rms

der.hans plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 26 Apr 2001 11:30:44 -0700 (MST)

Am 25. Apr, 2001 schwäzte Craig White so:

> Ok - since you're so chatty tonight and I've forgotten most everything I
> learned in high school Deutsche...
>
> what is meant by schwäzte? why isn't it spreche? (or gesprechen?)

schwätzen means to speak colloqually or dialectally, specificly for the
schwäbische dialect in soutwest Germany. schwätzen is also just a really
cool word :).

sprechen is to say. It doesn't imply conversation or interaction. The
floydesque "your lips move, but I can't hear what you say" :).

reden is to discuss. quatschen is to gossip or run off at the mouth :).

ciao,

der.hans
--
# der.hans@LuftHans.com home.pages.de/~lufthans/ www.YourCompanyHere.net ;-)
#  Motorraeder toeten nicht. Motorraeder werden getoetet.