/var/log/messages are printing to the screen.. ..Huh?

Steven M. Klass plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 14:53:04 -0700

-Danka Schon!

After looking into the problem I realized one small mistake..   I made a
change to my firewall script and decided to reboot my machine.  Rebooting is
what killed my logs.  In February with a rash of Bind problems I switched to
DJBDNS.  I never rebooted only killed and removed named.  I forgot that
syslogd had the -a /chroot/named/var appended to it.  Thus with a reboot it
couldn't figure it out, and just wouldn't start..  Doh..

Thanks again

Steven

--

Steven M. Klass