Kernel upgrade for Redhat 6.2 ?

foodog plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 22 Apr 2001 00:15:24 -0700

foodog wrote:

> I'm wondering if anyone can point out a doc online that gives "fool
> tolerant" (as opposed to foolproof) instructions on doing a kernel
> version upgrade? ...

For ref: this isn't a total hand-holder but it has enough info to get
the job done:

http://www.redhat.com/support/docs/howto/kernel-upgrade/kernel-upgrade.html

I had to spend some time tracking down stuff on rpmfind.net that wasn't
in the 'upgrade' directory with all the kernel stuff.  Most notably,
db3-3.1.17-4.6x.i386.rpm was required to get rpm-4.0.2-6x.i386.rpm
installed.  After rpm was upgraded the 'rpm -K --nogpg *rpm' said
everything was OK instead of everything 'bad'.

I've upgraded a RH 6.2 to kernel 2.2.19-6.2.1 and everything seems to be
working fine.

Steve