Upgrade to RH7.0 woe (was No eth0)

Craig White craigwhite@azapple.com
Mon, 2 Apr 2001 09:01:20 -0700

-------
Actually, he made a deal with Caldera - it has been part of the Caldera
distro for some time.
-------
> > back up the smb.conf file (on RH7 - it's been moved to
> /etc/samba) and then
> > cat /dev/null/ > smb.conf so you can start from scratch.
>
> Actually ">/etc/samba/smb.conf" is easier :). The
> ">/file/whose/contents/you/want/to/axe" method is usually the quickest way
> ( from the command line or shell script ) to regain the space used by that
> file. It's faster than "rm /file/whose/contents/you/want/to/axe" as far as
> returning the space to be usable.

-----
I only know what i know and am always grateful for a new technique.

Thanks

cat /dev/null > /etc/samba/smb.conf isn't really much slower, it is however
less keystrokes to do it your way.

Craig