trans and layers in image format

der.hans PLUGd@LuftHans.com
Sun, 24 Sep 2000 16:02:21 -0700 (MST)

Am 24. Sep, 2000 schwäzte der.hans so:

> moin, moin,
>
> what image format (that gimp knows) allows one to save both transparency
> info and layers?  png doesn't seem to be saving layer info, but saves
> transparency. jpg and bmp won't save either. Don't think gif will do
> layers. Don't know other image formats.

OK, gif[1] will do layers and transparencies :), but it can only do 256
colors. Is there anything that will do 65k colors and transparencies and
layers :).

[1] I was downloading gimp-nonfree, e.g. with gif support, when I wrote
the first time :).

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  der.hans@LuftHans.com   home.pages.de/~lufthans/   www.Opnix.com
# Motorraeder toeten nicht. Motorraeder werden getoetet.