iPAQ linux

Bill Warner wwarner@direct-alliance.com
18 Sep 2000 21:34:23 +0700

I like the size, feels good in the hand.  (personal opionion of course)
it is a little price'y but for the power I think it is worth it.  I
was checking out the agenda a little when I saw it on slash dot and
for a PDA it sounds great.  For a Pocket PC it is a little under
powered.

Anyway I went and installed linux on my iPAQ and have been playing with
it for a while now.  While the coolness factor is really high it kind
of limits functionality right now due to lack of apps. (basicly mp3
player
gqmpeg, and calculator xcalc).  I will be working on compiling new
programs
for it to try out but I am not much of a developer so I don't really
know
how much I can do.  I will be trying to make it to the next meeting to
show this little guy off.  hopefully by then I will have more apps
and better demos than just top and xeyes.

Bill Warner