DHCPcd

Craig White craigwhite@azapple.com
Tue, 12 Sep 2000 10:13:50 -0700

---
and I thought the intent was to slam @home's lack of dynamics.
---

> \_ Granted @home could switch your ip but they won't without good
> \_ cause and it takes a whole lot less time.
>
> I don't remmeber seeing "good cause" in my agreement.  :-)

---
They state that they have the right to change your ip address at any time -
which providers do even when they give you a static address anyway. They
won't promise that you'll have the ip for longer than like 7 hours (working
from memory - I'm on Sprint Broadband). I can't for the life of me figure
out why they have such a short lease period for IP's that never change
except to generate extra traffic that obscures the really raunchy
broadcasting that goes on.

Craig