DHCPcd

der.hans PLUGd@LuftHans.com
Tue, 12 Sep 2000 05:14:26 -0700 (MST)

Am 12. Sep, 2000 schwäzte Gordon Chamberlin so:

> Hello,
>

> I am trying to setup dhcpcd to configure my external ethernet card
> from Cox@Home's DHCP server.

Basically, the way I understand it is Linux DHCP clients and Cox DHCP
servers don't talk the same language. It seems everybody's said it doesn't
work. My one experience with trying DHCP on a Cox connection also didn't
work out. The m$ box previously there was also hardcoded to the network
setup. This is on a recent (last 6 mos) cable-modem install.

I'd say either setup static networking info or get to know the DHCP
protocols really well :).

If someone's got multiple IPs they could config a Linux box, then watch
all the DHCP traffic from an m$ box that works. That might help us debug
the situation.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  der.hans@LuftHans.com   home.pages.de/~lufthans/   www.Opnix.com
#  Only wimps use tape backup: _real_ men just upload their important