Help: VB vs. VC++

Lucas Vogel lvogel@exponent.com
Tue, 5 Sep 2000 14:54:04 -0700

You have to throw in more general factors about the project(how much time
you have to build it, what the end result should be-speed vs.
maintainability, etc) before you can really start to argue for or against
one or the other. There is a time for both; I've found through my experience
that usually client apps are done in VB because it's a quick project that
doesn't need too much; if it's a multithreaded, complex app that requires a
lot of API calls, then VC++ is a good choice.

-----Original Message-----
From: Furmanek, Greg [mailto:Greg.Furmanek@hit.cendant.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2000 2:28 PM
To: 'PLUG'
Subject: Help: VB vs. VC++

Hi

Need some help from you guys.
I know this is not Linux related
subject but, I seem to have no choice
since this is one of the most objective
forum I could find.

I have found myself in a situation
where I have to persuade a person I know
to use VC++ instead of VB.

I would like to know what are good arguments
to present in order to win this one.

p.s.. I personally prefer VC++ but this is
not enough to make a point.  I need some
concrete benefits of using VC++.

BTW. It is going to be a client application
on windows.