linux seems slow

Kevin Brown kevin_brown@uswest.net
Sat, 02 Sep 2000 23:54:06 -0700

If you are running win98 or win95c then IE is part of the desktop and is
preloaded.  That is the most likely reason why it seems to load so fast.  Other
problems could be where on your hardrive the partitions are located.  Stuff that
is on the outer most edge have a lower latency then stuff on the inner edge when
it comes to data transfer.