guerilla linux marketing - a thought

der.hans PLUGd@LuftHans.com
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 13:41:51 -0700 (MST)

Am 31. Aug, 2000 schwäzte Lucas Vogel so:

> After reading the post about the windows ssh tool that fits on a floppy,
> plus following the thread on the fsb mailing list about linux ( see "Why
> Open Source Sucks for the Consumer" thread) , I have a thought. The
> vncviewer program is really small, can run on Windows and can fit on a
> floppy. I think a cool idea would be if we had a community server that we
> could set up for people to try/view linux with, and hand them out floppy
> disks with the vncviewer on it with an instruction/introduction/howto manual
> on it so that they could explore and even use it for practical purposes.
> Now, vnc isn't necessarily bandwidth friendly, but it still seems like a
> neat idea.

Nice idea, but I think the bandwidth probs would be problematic. We're
better off putting out kiosks or some such, I'd think :). Maybe if we just
pitch in and get Hawke's Linux-gamer's paradise together. Do that well
with all Linux and we'd be getting people's attention :).

By the time he could implement it Star Office source should've been
released and WordPerfect will have full xml support on Linux.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  der.hans@LuftHans.com   home.pages.de/~lufthans/   www.Opnix.com
# It's up to the reader to make the book interesting.