Screen Doesn't Clear After Logout

der.hans PLUGd@LuftHans.com
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 03:51:15 -0700 (MST)

Am 29. Oct, 2000 schwäzte Nathan Saper so:

> My screen doesn't clear after logging out on a virtual terminal.
> Instead of clearing and then printing the login, it prints the login
> immediately, leaving portions of my session on-screen.
>
> This wasn't happening until I put the following line in my
> .bash_profile:
>
> "exec ssh-agent bash"

Because you're execing ssh-agent you're no longer going through the bash
shutdown stuff when you log off.

Instead of execing bash eval for ssh-agent. Kevin Buettner suggested that
to me sometime ago and it rocks. Also see his find-agent that he posted a
link to.

His previous post shows how to eval for both ssh-agent and his find-agent.

I believe he runs true ssh because his find-agent doesn't work for me. I
fixed it, however :). The /tmp files he's grepping for have a different
format under OpenSSH. Easy fix.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  der.hans@LuftHans.com   home.pages.de/~lufthans/   www.Opnix.com
# I chose to use the kernel sources as my documentation.  ;-) -- Kevin Buettner