Burstable T-1 from UUnet (NO SOLICITATIONS PLEASE)

Justin Wilson justin@labxpress.com
Sat, 14 Oct 2000 14:58:33 -0700

This is a purely information only seeking question, sales people please do
not contact me unless you are answering the question.

UUnet/Worldcom is offering me a "Burstable T-1" where I only pay for "the
amount of bandwidth that I use on a sustained basis (at the 95th
percentile)". What I want to know is what exactly does that mean? Also what
do they mean "at the 95th percentile".

Has anyone used this service before? Would this be benifical to us if we
have a database driven site that averages around 5,000 hits a day?

-Justin
justin@bigcity.nu