dumb terminal

der.hans PLUGd@LuftHans.com
Fri, 13 Oct 2000 02:57:28 -0700 (MST)

Am 12. Oct, 2000 schwäzte Mike Starke so:

> I am in need of a couple dump terminals (serial).
> My old one that we have for the Sun box died a couple
> of weeks ago, and telnet doesn't cut it when one wants
> to boot and see what is going on.
>
> Anyone know where I can aquire a couple (cheap?)

I've seen several at Westech Recyclers.

1008 W. Madison
602 256 7626

It's probably better to follow Kevin's idea and use a Linux box. My PDA
has a vt100 emulator and I've used it for a serial console before :).

If you go the route of using the serial ports on a Linux box look at
screen or conserver. That gives you the opportunity to log activity on
the console as well as for multiple people to look at it at once.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  der.hans@LuftHans.com   home.pages.de/~lufthans/   www.Opnix.com
#  If you're not learning, you're not living. - der.hans