FUCK QWEST!!!

Mike Cantrell yomahz@devnull.org
Wed, 11 Oct 2000 21:11:46 -0700

> > So let me get this straight, you'd rather not hang up and listen to that
> > annoying buzz sound (assuming that they changed it back)? Very odd.
> >
> > I don't see any functionality loss. You can still hang up exactly as
before
> > and use your redial button on your phone.
>
> How? The phone will be completely unable to determine if the phoneline
> remains busy as it redials, and will instead assume a person has
> answered, making the redial button useless for redialing, and reducing
> its functionality to late 1980s levels, when "redial" simply spat
> digits back rather than accomplishing something.
>
> --

Hmm... guess all those 90's phones I bought were really 80's phones in
disguise. This is the first I've heard of a redial feature that behaves in
the fashion you are mentioning. Guess I was getting ripped off since the
button really should have been labeled *re-spat*.

I understand your point now though. The modem thing was a good point as
well.

Regards,
Mike Cantrell