PLUG @ ITEC

der.hans PLUGd@LuftHans.com
Wed, 11 Oct 2000 01:45:48 -0700 (MST)

moin, moin,

ITEC is doing Linux and Broadband this year. As such they've offered PLUG
a free booth at the show. We can also get tons of free tickets, but those
are easy to get anyway :).

Anyway, it's 10:00 to 16:00 the first two days of November (Wed and Thu)
and they try to target IT doobies. Marty@VikingSystems.com has volunteered
to help us organize a showing there.

Please contact Marty to volunteer :). This is not something PLUG has to
participate in, rather it is something we've been invited to and we can do
so if we have members willing to volunteer their time to make it happen.
Having an empty booth is not a good way to do this. Opnix launches the
first night of the tradeshow or I'd help out.

If we do well, we might be able to make it an annual thing, which would be
great for PLUG publicity and also give us a chance to show the vendors who
donate SWAG for our monthly meetings that we're out promoting Linux in the
valley.

Please let us know if you have any ideas aside from having people stand
around a table laden with flyers to answer questions. We are going to try
to get some SWAG from vendors, but that's not a done deal. The most
important aspect is that we get PLUG members to commit to helping out.

Great excuse to go and wander around collecting SWAG from other tables
during breaks ;-).

http://www.goITEC.com/

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  der.hans@LuftHans.com   home.pages.de/~lufthans/   www.Opnix.com
# It's up to the reader to make the book interesting.