Satellite ISP

Brian Cluff brian@snaptek.com
Sat, 25 Nov 2000 09:33:18 -0700

I've installed the 1 way at two of our schools locations and then stopped
using it about 2 weeks later.  The overall transfer speeds were pretty good,
it's just that it had a latency of almost 1 second on all conections.
I would imagine that their 2 way is probably better than that, due to the
lack of the extra hops from the tunneled connection to direcPC's servers,
then too the internet.  I still would bet that your ping times would be
pretty long due to their satelites being in such a high orbit.

Brian Cluff