Mandrake 7.2 - Hardware problem?

Brian Cluff brian@snaptek.com
Sat, 18 Nov 2000 11:52:58 -0700

> a full Mandrake 7.2 is 2.6Gb? Are you kidding? That would have to make it
> the undisputed king of open source bloatware. Wow - and some of you rag on
> RH.

A big linux instalation isn't the definition of bloatware.  They would have
to be putting 200meg word processors on the system to qualify for that.
It's just that they included a lot of extra software that most of the other
distros aren't including yet, and to me thats very much appreciated.

Besides, i think that Suse would have to be the undisputed king of the
lasrge distros... what are they up to now, something like 8 cd's or one DVD?
I never did like installing Suse, just because it was information overload
when picking stuff to install.  Extra is good, but haveing every program in
the word available on install is kinda ridicules. I would be a bigger fan of
just having them be post install extras.

Brian Cluff