I need just two small patches...

Jason jkenner@mindspring.com
Wed, 08 Nov 2000 08:10:57 -0700

Robert Byrnes wrote:
> I bought a copy of Linux Mandrake 7.1 today and the install hung when trying
> to initialize the cd-rom. I got the error: "I could not mount a device on
> /dev/scd0". So I went to: <http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/heliumlast.php3>
> for the solution. I accessed this site with another box running Windows98
> and downloaded the appropriate files. I was hoping to copy them to a regular
> floppy to reboot the other machine again, but, I can't get all of the first
> file (cdrom-aic7xxx.img) onto a single floppy!
>
> A friend running Linux over in the UK offered this help:
> "The problem is that the boot floppy image you downloaded is just that - an
> image.

9 times out of 10, when an image doesnt work, its because I have used
the 1.2MB image rather than the 1.44MB image...

The remaining 1 time is usually solved by recreating the image from
DOS 7 rather than a shell within Win95/98 (reboot Winblows, hit F8 as
the machine boots, select command prompt only)

--
jkenner @ mindspring . com__
I Support Linux:           _> _  _ |_  _  _     _|