isp's

holtzm@primenet.com holtzm@primenet.com
Mon, 29 May 2000 15:41:44 -0700

                      ----snip----

>Finally, in an attempt to get rid of me, he told me that my operating
>system was not supported!  That got me really pissed.  I've been a
>Primenet customer for many years and I *do not* call their tech
>support people when there are configuration problems on my end.

Sounds a lot like what I've seen of them lately. Ever since the leapfrog
takeovers starting with Frontier and winding up (so far) with Global
Center, their service has deteriorated to the point where I'm considering
jumping ship. Lots of trouble getting dial-in authentication, trouble
logging into the mail server, tech support blowing me off with the OS
excuse, etc.

>I can only hope that the day will come when I
>will be able to recommend them again.

I doubt it. The level of service you and I have come to expect from them
isn't cost effective (hawk-spit) for a large corporation. Unless they're
bought out by a smaller local outfit we'll have to bail out.
Bob Holtzman
check the price of the beer!"