Klyx

Mike Starke mgcon@neta.com
Sun, 28 May 2000 10:50:01 -0700 (MST)

I have been looking for a "word procesor" for quite some time for
Linux. I tried word perfect: To big, and left way too many zoombies.
Heard many stories about how star office was slow: I am not interested
in slow.

I stumbled across Klyx. A KDE front-end to LaTex.  This is exactly
what I have been looking for. I type, it worries about how it looks.
I then grabbed some scripts (i think Perl?), gnuhtml2latex,
latex2html, and latex2rtf.

The latex2html script is pretty impressive to me. If I have .eps
pictures in the document, poof, instant .png's.

Has anyone else used any of these programs? Your comments?

Mike
mgcon@getnet.com
http://www.getnet.com/~mgcon
Phoenix, AZ