port 1109

sinck@corp.quepasa.com sinck@corp.quepasa.com
Fri, 26 May 2000 08:08:07 -0700 (MST)

\_ The problem started whenI think I put port 1109
\_ into my ipchains rules as a port that would not
\_ be allowed. I checked /etc/services and it reports
\_ that port is for kpop. I know nothing about kpop

Kerberos'd pop?  Web search for kpop or invoke the kiboizer on the
list, he'll know.

\_ (maybe something to do with encrypted pop?), but
\_ I did some poking around, and after watching some
\_ stats go by, I noticed Outlook using it.
\_
\_ Short of the obvious (what do you expect from m$), why
\_ would Outlook do this? I thought ports 110 and 25
\_ were sufficient for mail to function.
AFAIK, that's all you need, unless'n you're using IMAP/LDAP.

\_ Did I miss something?
If it's not working now after adding 1109 when you thought it was
safe, then I think I have a three character response for you.  :-)

David
ps: these teensy speakers on my workstation at work actually seem to
have reasonable bass...if you turn them up loud enough.