Linux Programmer

der.hans PLUGd@LuftHans.com
Wed, 24 May 2000 13:11:21 -0700 (MST)

On Wed, 24 May 2000, Anthony Walsh wrote:

> Keith,
>
>     To be honest with you I am not a programmer.  I am familiar with
> the concepts, and the buzz words that IT people throw out, but it
> would be impossible for me to tell you what a Linux Programmer does.

He programs Linux ;-).

> I do know that the company I represent is looking for a programmer
> that will be using Linux to do Voice over IP applications.  This
> programmer also needs to have a telephony background dealing with NT,

We presume this is done in c or c++, but it could be java. It would be
nice to know that. The two places in town I know of that are working with
it were doing c-based stuff last I knew.

> and LAN/WAN.  I am trying to get a better idea of what a Linux

It would also be nice to know what specific networking architectures
they're interested in.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  der.hans@LuftHans.com   home.pages.de/~lufthans/   www.OpNIX.com
#  When I work, I work hard. When I play, I play hard.