determining patrtitions on hard drive

shock shock@dancris.com
Tue, 23 May 2000 08:59:50 -0700

Okay, RH6.1 was loaded on the 2Gb drive, what was on the 8Gb drive before?
When you tried to mount /dev/hdb1 you set fs type to ext2. Was linux on that
drive before? If not, that is why you're getting the error.
What fs type is on the 8Gb drive, if not ext2? Did you try to mount as type
msdos? or auto?
Once you know what fs is already there you should be able to mount it.
-JR

At 08:19 AM 5/23/00 -0700, Patrick Stoddard is qutoed as saying: