No Video

James Lee Bell jbell@eai-healthcare.com
Sun, 14 May 2000 01:29:07 -0700

--------------BE5A0B2034E8673A6415F8ED

How much do the HDD's spin, i.e. do you get anything more that just the
power/spin-up that occurs during initial power up and POST, like does it start
booting? If not, 9 times out of 10 that this happens to me, the problem is RAM
not being compatible with the board. IOW, EDO in a board that wants "standard",
or FPO in a board that can only handle EDO or standard. And let's not forget
100/133 MHz ram in a board where the RAM bus is at 66 MHz, or vice versa. And
finally, incomplete "banks" (if using boards with SIMMs or older DIMMs). If
you've been swapping components a lot with systems that were mostly working
previously, this sounds even more likely.

John Bartlett wrote:

> to not being able to figure out the problem. Just to clarify, the exact
> problem is, when I boot, I get power, the cpu fan starts the HDD's spin
> (when connected) all the lights function, but I get absolutly NO video, not
> even enough to change settings in the BIOS. I've used ISA, PCI, and AGP
> video cards, to no avail. All of the hardware that I've tried to use, I've
> personally seen working in other systems.  So if anyone has any ideas what
> could be causing this type of problem, I would be eternally grateful for
> your help.
>
> Thanks In Advance,
>
>    Josh

--------------BE5A0B2034E8673A6415F8ED

begin:vcard
n:Bell;James
tel;fax:602-266-7020
tel;work:602-266-7400
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.eai-healthcare.com
org:eai Healthcare Staffing Solutions, Inc.;Information Technology
version:2.1
email;internet:jbell@eai-healthcare.com
title:Network Engineer
adr;quoted-printable:;;3800 N. Central Ave.=0D=0ASuite 800;Phoenix;AZ;85012;USA
x-mozilla-cpt:;27616
fn:James Lee Bell
end:vcard

--------------BE5A0B2034E8673A6415F8ED--