SQL

Austin Godber godber@asu.edu
Wed, 10 May 2000 20:49:07 -0700

On Wed, May 10, 2000 at 07:45:08PM -0700, J.L.Francois wrote:

> My current database is filled with MP3s and I currently get
> performance in the range of 1Meg+/sec on selects.

I've always wondered about this.  Do you actually keep the MP3s in the
database or just a path to the MP3s?  I have recently collected a large
number of text/ps/pdf and would like to somehow organize them where I
could query Author, abstract, keyword, text maybe.  So would it be best to
just include links or hold the actual files in the DB?

Oh, I know nothing about databases so I don't know if this is a stupid
question or not.

--
Austin Godber
godber@asu.edu